Sunday, August 27, 2006

Babies

Why is it that married couples MUST have a baby FAST???? Every single one of the people (friends, relatives and including aqunatines I just know) also ask, When u having a baby? So is having a baby really a part of married life?

Excuses like, 'it's easier to give birth young', 'next year is a good year to have babies for your horoscope', 'jus give birth to one first, then decide'.....

Even the government is hurrying people to have MORE babies, but did they factor in the cost. When I mean cost, it is not only the cold hard cash, also opportunity cost. (My JC Econos teacher must be proud of me, cause I still remember :-p) The opportunity cost of employability of mothers. Maybe it is sexist, maybe it is the preception of the soceity, but females, especially married females with kids, will find it more diffcult to have new jobs.

So the next time u see me, don't ask me when I am having kids, cause when I have it, the stomach will show. Until then, DON'T ASK!!!!!!

3 Comments:

At 6:53 PM, Blogger amelia thinks said...

I know the feeling!

 
At 8:39 PM, Blogger annethia said...

Haha... there's a lot of this topic flying around me too now that my sis-in-law n a uni fren is pregnant.

Anyway, back to veron, a piggy is cuteeeeeee :@

 
At 10:54 PM, Blogger The Klutz said...

Ok ok.. we shall not ask anymore... we'll just keep a look out for a bulging stomach.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home