Saturday, May 07, 2005

2 May to 7 May 2005

Well, I started my work in u-all-know-where (sorry, read too much Harry Potter's book :p). Here's my weekly summary (sorry, really very tired from work, that I am too lazy to update the blog at the end of the day):

2 May 2005 - no updates... HOLIDAY!!!!

3 May 2005 - Very boring day at work, as I was being introduced to a buddy and the whole department in the morning. The dept is very very big, with 7 different sections, and the total staff strength is around 100 plus. Then in the afternoon, boring introducation of all the visions, missions and blah blah blah....

4 May 2005 - Being attached to the main sections, starting to have a grasp of what's the operation in the whole dept is all about. Very tiring as I have to run about, climbing up and down to retrieve records and all done while wearing heals. Hope my heals won't break so soon.
Something happy happened today! I went for my fitting for my shoes, and my dear friend, LostRabbit, went with me. Although she is late, and didn't get to see my shoes :p This fitting reminded me that apart from adjusting to my new workplace, I got to manage my wedding too :o

5 May 2005 - Attached to another 2 sections. All no need much climbing, thank goodness! The flow of the operation between the different sections began to crystallise in my mind. (Not too bad, right?) Apart from my attachment, still managed to squeeze time to meet up with counterparts from other side. Found out that Clara (from Amadon) is working there for 2 years.

6 May 2005 - Finally, being attached to the section which I am taking over. The Executive is moving on to handle new areas. Well, at least customer service, which I learnt in my previous workplace, is useful here.

7 May 2005 - Knocked off from work, thank goodness not covered with dust, as the desk were covered with thick dust, wonder how the previous Executive worked.

Afterthoughts - This new job is not too bad. Pretty challenging, as need to handle lawyers, doctors and sometimes even Police. Well, at least it is a different environment and the system of working is very different. Felt like I just graduated from Uni again. :-) There is another new Executive, who is 3 years my junoir, and had stayed in SH Blk E too.

It is a small small world, right?

Ganbette!!! Must rest well to work hard for next week!

All the best to my friends reading this article. Must work hard together okie?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home